Sunday, March 7, 2010

Protein Bytes- Raw, Vegan and Sugar Free



1.26 lbs Dates
7 tbsp Cashews
8 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
8 tbsp Walnuts
11 tbsp Cacao Nibs
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tsp Ancient Sea Salt
1 tbsp Spirulina Powder
2 tbsp EV Coconut Oil
1 tsp Stevia Powder

Place all ingredients into the food processor and blend until it comes together and all the nuts are finely chopped. This batch was so large that I ended up needing to separate it in half and then once each half was finely ground I brought them back together in the processor to make sure all the ingredients were evenly distributed. At this point I was able to taste it and I ended up adding a bit more salt, about 1/4 tsp, to get it exactly how I liked it.

The End Result:

I can't stop eating these!! I like them better cold and they should be stored in the refrigerator anyways. Joe is enjoying them as much as I am and even said he was craving them! (that really says a lot!) My daughter and son both eat these and enjoy them but my daughter only likes them at room temperature. A friend of mine was over with her 3yo, who is a picky eater, and she said she liked it and asked for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment