Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quick and Easy Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, All Natural, Raw Vegan Energy Bars





@1/2 lb Dates
4 tbsp Raw Cashews
4 tbsp Raw Cacao Nibs
4 tbsp Raw Sunflower Seeds
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp Ancient Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Stevia Powder (I use the green one)

1) Make sure the seeds and any other hard debris have been removed. The organic Halawi dates that I used have no additives so they are kept in the refrigerator. Make sure your dates come to room temperature before you begin.

2) Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the dates break up. Once they start to come apart let the processor run for a few minutes or until all the nuts, seeds and dates are well ground and coming together nicely.

3) Mold your yummy mixture into any shape you'd like! I chose bars but you can do balls, squares, triangles, etc.


The end result: YUMMY x 10!!! The next time I make these I might add some spirulina powder, chia seeds and goji berries. The options are endless so have fun with it! The kids called these chocolate bars and my husband, who doesn't like dates, liked them, too. I'm glad that I won't have to buy those expensive bars anymore!!

4 comments:

  1. Those were pretty darned good... You never fail to impress me. :)

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    These are also dairy free and soy free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO I so want to try these...but where do you get the cacoa nibs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grocery store, Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, carries them but if you can't find them locally then you can just order them on line. gohunza.com is one place I can think of off the top of my head!

    ReplyDelete